After a break in 2020 (courtesy of COVID), the OMJ4PWD (OhioMeansJobs 4 People With Disabilities) Committee has relaunched! The Committee provides support to the SWORWIB, OMJ Center and youth providers in serving people with disabilities. Committee membership is comprised of a partnership with other service agencies, including opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD), a state agency with local/regional operations. The OMJ4PWD Committee is responsible for the following:
· Reviewing the performance for serving people with disabilities;
· Helping the OMJ team become familiar with all the resources available in the community; and
· Providing advice to the Board about services and assistive devices needed in the OMJ Center.
The Committee features a new Chairperson, Jennifer Roeder, Supervisor with Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD). Thank you, Jennifer, for your leadership!
The committee met virtually on Thursday June 10, 2021 at 10:30AM. The featured topics of this meeting included:
- COVID’s impact on individuals with disabilities
- LMI data on the pandemic’s resulting economic affect on job seekers with disabilities
- Strategies to address challenges
- Updates from partnering organization/programs